Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Packing...

Packing for a year is so much harder than I thought (not that I've given a whole lot of time to how much it would suck).  We've spent the better part of 3 days sorting through our stuff from the Colorado Trail, picking what we might want to take with us and leaving the rest behind.  Then we had to search through all of our boxes from our house (which now overflow my parents basement) to find the one and two items that seemed to have magically jumped boxes.  The saddest part is when we packed up the house I thought I had everything sorted out.  Oh well, we have managed to find everything we can think of for now.

This weekend we made our final REI run (thank god for that store) to tie up all the loose ends and get Adam a new backpack since the chipmunks on the CT seemed to find his last one particularly tasty.  Then we got to spend time with a bunch of college friends we don't see nearly enough.

As we shoved all of our clothes into our new pack cubes it seemed like we had way too much (which I'm sure we do) but then again I would like to change my clothes most days.  Our final pack list looks something like this:

6 shirts
2 pants
2 shorts
2 skirts (for me)
4 pairs of underwear
4 pairs of socks
Patagonia R1
Puffy jacket
Puffy vest
Workout gear (in an effort not to gain back all our weight)
Rain gear, sure to be our favorite items
Gloves
Hat
Boots
Flip-flops
Crocks (don't judge they are awesome camp and shower shoes)
Toiletries

Electronics: macbook air, ipad, video camera, cameras, GPS, nooks

Then we had to throw in all of our biking gear so we can attempt to ride 50 miles this weekend, I don't think there is any way we could make the whole century.

I'm sure tomorrow morning will fly by and before we know it we will be boarding our plane to Providence, the first leg of this epic adventure.

I've updated our travel itinerary to match what we have so far....just incase anyone wants to join in :)

1 comment: