Friday, October 5, 2012

Oktoberfest

So at some point during our trip planning Oktoberfest sounded like a good idea, and at the same time staying in a hostel and making friends sounded like fun.  Last night we finally found our hostel and it was packed, and the attached bar was crazy.  We couldn't even make it inside the door without pushing.  We dropped off our bags in our private room (thank goodness we weren't staying in the dorm rooms!) and went to dinner where I downed a 1 L beer to calm my nerves.  Then we headed to the hostel bar.  It was amusing to watch the drunkeness....but it made me feel old.  In the last few weeks I've learned I don't deal well with crowds....and this place is CRAZY!  Hopefully I survive the next 48 hours and make it to Nepal, which should be much more in my comfort zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment